Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you my passion about design, the internet, communications, branding and what talented amazing people are creating everyday.

Top 10: December 7th 2007

1- Sony advertising on Mac Rumours site.
I’m not really convinced by the strategy of placing Sony laptop ads on a die hard Mac lover site. Do you really think theres any hope of converting macusers with the most uber-basic display ads ?
http://www.macrumors.com/


2- Live ads.
There are people accross my screen. I love the execution on this campaign. I have no idea how to read Norwegian but I’m still laughing out loud.
http://www.adverblog.com/archives/003323.htm


3- Opinion Lab
Does anyone use Opinion Lab tools ? I’m especially interested in the AD FEEDBACK feature. I’ve seen some very promising features and apparently the back end reporting is out of this world.
http://www.opinionlab.com/


4- A moment of philosophy.
Long tail distribution in human beings: general versus specific needs mold different templates of personalities. Isn’t the Long Tail just a example of a healthy bio diverse model. The more diverse an ecosystem is, the better and more adapted it is ?


5- The new social MIXX.
It makes all the sense of the world for a news media company to team up with social tagging startup Mixx, who’s users are snubbing the Digg Culture. I can’t say I’ve been using this new site but it’s looking good and fun to use. Update coming soon !
article


6- The land before the web
Will the next generation believe stories of the land before the web ? wikipedia, homework, cell phones, etc…It’s pretty impressive how quickly technology moved from comunicating to a daily appliance. Almost banale really, the light swicth goes on and the rest is magic. I just wanted to take a moment and thank all the little elves of the digital world for making the « light go on » everytime the switch goes on.

7- No comments? No blog for you!
If no one is talking back it’s not a conversation. So if you’re gonna blog, get ready to get some people talking back to you. Clearly it’s a sense of engagement from the user but also of respect by the blogger.
Great article in a great blog byMaggie Fox



8- McDonald report cards.
What might make sense in a marketing plan makes absolutely no sense from a community sense. I dislike this brand more and more every day. YA YOU HEARD ME RONALD, I DON’T LIKE YOU.
full article here


9- Infopresse Boomerang award list.
Very happy to see Cyberpresse picking up the interactive banner award. The banner was created by Generation Flash and is a great showcase of how updated RSS feeds can always keep banners fresh and up to date with current events. WOOHOO!
On another note, tidewave of awards for Provokat. hehe.
http://www.infopresse.com/prixboomerang/2007/


10. Comscore.
Please lets all put our thinking caps on and lets find a solution/ alternative.